Balance Bags allow users of other brands of packs to experience a naturally balanced load without having to purchase an Aarn Pack They work on the same principles as our Balance Pockets, offering the same energy efficiency, strain relief and convenient access. Because they are designed to fit any brand of pack that uses a hip belt and sternum straps, they attach to the pack differently than our Balance Pockets. While Balance Pockets are connected to the pack before you put the pack on (and can be left permanently attached), Balance Bags are attached to the pack once you have put the pack on and are unclipped before you take the pack off. This has advantages in a number of situations.
1. When you do not have an Aarn pack
2. When carrying delicate photo equipment, it's better to take off camera gear off first and put it down separately than to put pockets and pack down together.
3. For commuting and traveling, Balance Bags are very fast to put on and even faster to take off, making them a more convenient solution for standing or sitting on public transport. As a carry-on, their size is just right to slip under the airline seat in front of you.
4. For children carrying a backpack or school pack, they allow heavy loads of books and water to be carried up front for the best balanceand greatly reduce theback strain caused by school backpacks. Backpack-related problems in school children is a problem worldwide. Because the recommendedbehavioralsolutions have not been effective, we have developed this innovative design solution.
1. A pair of stainless wire clips with buckles are provided. These clip into the small O rings on the shoulder straps of Aarn Packs. On other brands of pack, these clip into a fixed attachment point on the shoulder straps, such as D rings, the top stabiliser straps, or even the web slot on your sternum strap slider. These wire clips can be left permanently attached to the shoulder straps.
2. To put the Balance Bags on, clip the buckles at the top of the Balance Bags to the matching buckles with the wire clips that you have already attached to your shoulder straps. Now slip the bottom flange of the Balance Bags over the center of your hipbelt. Tighten the top straps to get the required air gap between your chest and the top of the Balance Bags.
3. The back-panels clear your tummy completely or are highly breathable.
4. The energy savings from a balanced load make up for extra weight of bags when total load carried (pack and bags) is greater than 6-7kg.